Computer Policy Notice
PUBLIC ACCESS COMPUTERS AND WIRELESS SERVICES IN THIS LIBRARY ARE HOSTED ON THE STATE LIBRARY NETWORK (SLN). THE SLN IS SUPPORTED WITH STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDS AND IS SUBJECT TO POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND STANDARDS, INCLUDING FILTERING AND MONITORING, REQUIRED BY THE FUNDING AUTHORITIES. MISUSE OF LIBRARY COMPUTERS BY EMPLOYEES OR THE PUBLIC MAY LEAD TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION AND/OR PROSECUTION. A COPY OF THE LIBRARY’S COMPUTER USE POLICY IS POSTED BELOW.
- Please sign in by checking in with a librarian before using a computer. They will ask for your name and library card for usage data tracking purposes. If you do not have a library card, we will be happy to make one for you. If you are visiting from out of town, we will assign you as a one-time guest for the day.
- Patrons who have been on the computer for a long period of time will be asked to give up their computer if there is a line. Most days this will not be the case, but we will adhere to this policy should there be patrons waiting for computer use.
- The cost to print black & white materials is 15 cents per sheet. This includes everything that prints, including mistakes.
- The cost to print colored materials is 50 cents per sheet. Patrons may only print in color with prior permission.
- Primary and middle school students must have a parent present when using the computers.
- If you have any issues while on the library computers, please notify a librarian on duty for assistance.
- The library is not responsible for any lost or damaged equipment used on public computers.
- Patrons cannot change internet or computer settings.
- Patrons cannot download software of any kind on computers.
- Patrons are encouraged to sign out of any personal accounts (such as email or Facebook) before ending session.
- VIEWING OF ANY GRAPHIC MATERIAL CONSIDERED ABSCENE, CHILD PORNOGRAPHY, OR HARMFUL TO MINORS ARE NOT PERMISSTED.
ANY STUDENT OR ADULT WHO DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE LIBRARY COMPUTER USE POLICY WILL LOSE HIS/HER COMPUTER PRIVILEGES.