Dora B. Woodyard Memorial Library Meeting Room Policy
RESERVATIONS MAY BE MADE BY CALLING 304-275-4295.
The librarian may grant the privilege of using the Meeting Room subject to the following conditions:
- Organizations wishing to use the Meeting Room must schedule meeting days and times in advance.
- If the meeting is cancelled, the librarian should be notified immediately.
- Library sponsored programs will receive first consideration in scheduling of the Meeting Room.
- The Meeting Room facilities are open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities. Any other group wishing to use the room must be approved by the director.
- No showers or parties may be scheduled. No fees can be charged and nothing can be sold. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the director.
- The library reserves the right to move your group to another room for space purposes.
- The hosting organization is responsiblefor leaving all facilities in as good condition as they found them.
- Meetings will be held during regular library hours as much as possible. After hour meetings require special permission from the librarian and the user is responsible for procuring the key. The key is to be picked up during regular library hours and returned through the book drop upon locking the doors. Arrangements should be made prior to meeting times if wireless serviceis desired.
- The staff may refuse entrance to minors without adult supervision.
- Meeting participants shall not useany rooms or equipment other than that in the Meeting Room or restrooms. Permission must be given for any extra library supplies used.
- Only light refreshments are allowed in the Meeting Room. No facilities are available for dinners or banquets. There is a coffee pot and microwave available for your use. You must provide all supplies. Any beverage/food supplies in the cabinets are the property of the library and are not for meeting room use.
- All laws and rules of the Police and Fire Departments regarding public assemblies must be obeyed.
- Alcoholic beverages and intoxicants are not allowed. Smoking is not allowed in or by the library or on school grounds. You must walk across the street in order to smoke.
- The user agrees that the Wirt County Library Board of Trustees is expressly released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury, or damage to persons or property which may be sustained during or by reason of a program held in the library.
- The user agrees to reimburse the Library Board of Trustees for any property damage which the user causes.
- The library doesn’t endorse or support the beliefs or actions of any groups or individuals that use the meeting rooms.
- The library has the right to cancel any meetings due to health concerns. Patrons must follow all rules provided by the library while using the meeting room.
- Scheduling is done on a first come first served basis.
- The large meeting room seats a maximum of 25 people. The small conference room seats a maximum of 8 people.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Breanna King, Library Director, as soon as possible.